Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > HELP! NEED ORIGINAL (unaltered) AUTORUN....
HELP! NEED ORIGINAL (unaltered) AUTORUN.EXE FOR DS708!!

2328 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-06 16:53:49

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    RachetWench
    2017-06-23 15:14:39
    I got a legit file copy and all is well.  Thanks!

Anyway, please note that if you use Windows 10 (Home or Pro) you run the risk of corrupting your working files irrevocably.  Either take the extra time to set the permissions very strictly before you make your backups, or use a system not known for its mistreatment of large files and external drives (USB or SD cards)!!

I cruise the forums often, and the first thing you need to do to fix your DS708 woes is to upgrade to a larger SDcard/memory chip!  The scanner only has ROM, where WinCE lives, so the card becomes your memory in the firm of a disk RAM cache.  On the 4G chips they ship with, they have no room to process info, do they slog and churn and take FOREVER to work.  Upgrade to an 8gb, or BIGGER, SD card and I promise that if your chip files are good the scanner will run like it got a new lease on life!! 

Ciao!
    Rachet~

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Autotechdude

2017-06-24 14:41:36 (Reply to:RachetWench)

It's the original DS708, since she forgot to mention it.

Any help from the mods? Ours is a registered version, and the files were corrupted when she made backups.

Need >SDCard>Autorun.exe for origina DS708 (not the updated version)

\Thx.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-24 15:05:06 (Reply to:RachetWench)

Hmmm. Not sure if the sudden increase in spam would be attributed to trying to help someone off here. If this post is legit let us know if you were able to get it back to working or not.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    RachetWench
    2017-06-24 15:31:43 (Reply to:witsend)

Actually, it looks like Support heard my request and I have the scanner running already!

Thanks for checking, though - I was kinda concerned about exactly the issue you mention, but I needed the scanner working more than I worried about spam, lol!!

Thanks, SUPPORT US!

Rachet~

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    CHRIS

2017-06-27 20:14:34 (Reply to:RachetWench)

did support supply files?

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    RachetWench
    2017-07-06 16:53:49 (Reply to:CHRIS)
    I thought they had.  Unfortunately, it was just the standard thing and it overwrote or damaged what vehicle files we did have, so the ones that were left no longer work.  /sigh.  I was so hopeful, but I guess I should have known better.

Just so everyone knows, if you don't copy your SD card before you upgrade to the next level, it will erase or invalidate what info you have left on the card when you download the new base program.  In fact, you likely won't be able to run the stuff you have backed up if you have v6.31 and unwittingly download v6.33 - it causes an error and the programming is written to scramble/erase anything on the card with the bad version/user files matchup.  

Thanks for asking Chris.  After this fiasco my hubby is ready to sell me for scrap, and within a couple of days I had managed to crash both a PC and an iMac trying to get this straightened out.  So, what I am left with is a chip with NO VEHICLE FILES, or fragments of files that are no longer usable.  I tried to cobble something to gather, but I end up with infuriating messages about version discrepancies and other stuff.  I'm just gonna chalk that $2k up to padlock and life lessons while I decide if I really want to update and spend even more money on something Autel US won't even take to us about  - their exact words were,"Its a Chinese scanner that's discontinued and expired. You'll have to talk to China."

All I have to do now is come up with all the updated files to go on that danged updated base card file.  It'd be less expeensive to bury me, so I guess I will hold my breath.  I feel so bad. /cries
  Total1 Pages